Import models in daz 3d plz help/

I need help to import modelsTopic RSS Feed
  1. Offline

Don_k

A few thins are causing some of your issues

1: For 64 bit systems Daz Studio requires 8 or more GB RAM

2. you are running out of room on your C:\ drive only 2GB room left, try adding a second hard drive and install Daz and your content there

3 you are having issues with plug-ins corrupted, try to re-install them, worst case uninstall Daz and re-install everything

4. Make sure the base male or female figure is installed before loading a character
    kmthrong like this post.

Don_k
    Super Moderator, Tutorial Author
    Former Author & Editor
    TopGFX & GFXru Moderating Team

26 March 2015 - 07:42 / #11
  2. Offline

packmaster

I try to impress

Really kmthrong are you an Anus? Ask a favour then use AdF.ly..... not even going to look.
    kmthrong like this post.
    26 March 2015 - 07:44 / #12
  3. Offline

Don_k

5. Try adding a video card to your computer, Daz prefers nVidia cards and has nVidia card settings built in, check Daz for required video card models.

6. Hardware: is it a lap-top or a desktop PC?, You are best off with a custom rig not retail junk.
    Laptop have ASUS or MSI build you one to specification
    Desktop Go with MSI Big Bang XPower series, 1200W to 1500W power supply, liquid cooling, 200GB solid state boot drive, 2x 2TB hard drives,128GB RAM, 2xTitan Black video cards and a HUGE monitor, and the fastest i7 CPU you can get
    kmthrong like this post.
    Last edited: Don_k 26 March 2015 - 08:19

Don_k
    Former Author & Editor

26 March 2015 - 07:46 / #13
  4. Offline

kmthrong

Mega-Leecher

I'm tasting all you said.
    But is there any thing to convert daz 3d models to obj.Just I want this.

I think this part of log file is important:
    Error writing author data!
    Total class factories: 1358
    Creating Script Engine...
    WARNING: 3DConnexion Plug-in Error: Could not create Device, CoCreateInstance failed
    3D mouse support library could not be loaded.
    Last edited: kmthrong 26 March 2015 - 12:40
    26 March 2015 - 12:38 / #14
  5. Offline

kmthrong

Mega-Leecher

Hi I think i just have problem to load files look at this short video I've got from my daz 3d desktop I've downloaded Charlie for daz3d from here and I just have problem to how to load I think I have to load it on another model.Am I right?For example look at this video http://up2www.com/uploads/c5873-26-2015-7-29-18-AM.rar
    And this is the model file http://rapidgator.net/file/061df837399ea06c145be10d8c87ba32/18477.rar.html
    26 March 2015 - 19:32 / #15
  6. Offline

mac

Administrators

kmthrong,
    that error is because you need to load a base figure first, the skin has no body to attach to thats what the error means, go to genesis 2 figures and find teen josie 6 and then load her, then load that skin, you cannot add an addon to a model without having the main model already in the scene. It also can happen if you have it set up wrong in the runtime setup on daz 4.7 when you set up a runtime in daz 4.7 you must have Content not Runtime chosen in order to use genesis 2 figures.

In order to avoid any problems any Runtime I have a genesis 2 figure in I add twice, once for Runtime and again for Content, so when the program searches for products it always finds them.

Trust me I know what im talking about I have over 40 Runtimes.

Daz 4.8 dont seem to have this having to make 2 runtimes for when a genesis 2 character is in it.
    kmthrong like this post.
    Last edited: mac 26 March 2015 - 23:22

Thank you for your cooperation, and happy rendering!!

RoboMac

26 March 2015 - 23:16 / #16
  7. Offline

Don_k

Yes, MAKE SURE TO LOAD GENESIS 2 Female Base FIRST!
    SECOND< LOAD TEEN JOSIE onto G2F
    THIRD LOAD YOUR SKIN OR CHARACTER onto G2F
    NEXT LOAD HAIR AND HAIR TEXTURE, CLOTHING AND TEXTURES,
    LOAD PROPS into scene and texture.

To Export make sure to follow the steps above first.and save it as a Daz scene file (.dsf)
    Next highlight the entire finished character and select Save As(this is where you select .OBJ) and a folder to save it to, make sure to include textures AND materials.

A important bit of information: Different 3D programs use a different scale for a unit of measure. Autodesk, Cinema4D, Daz3D, Poser, Rhino, Blender, Vue(and MANY more) all use a different sized base unit that can vary in size from 20% to 2000% and some flip and/or rotate axes. Please Google for that information
    kmthrong like this post.

Don_k
    Former Author & Editor

27 March 2015 - 04:27 / #17
  8. Offline

kmthrong

Mega-Leecher

Really really thank you But I don't understand any thing what's the female base Teen josie? and how to do third line? Can you plz make a short video for that?
    27 March 2015 - 07:08 / #18
  9. Offline

Don_k

If you downloaded Studio from DAZ there are more things to download in your Product Library:
    DAZ Studio 4.7 (Win 64-bit) 131.01 MB
    Scene Builder for DAZ Studio 1.55 KB
    Default Lights and Shaders for DAZ Studio 24.12 MB
    Photoshop 3D Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.7+ (Win 64-bit) 6.37 MB
    DS4 - Content Creator Toolkit (CCT) Installation Guide 95.18 KB
    DS4 - FBX Exporter Installation Guide 93.81 KB
    Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials 525.83 MB
    Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials PoserCF 4.06 MB
    Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials 298.28 MB
    Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials PoserCF 39.52 MB
    Genesis 2 Female (Templates) 28.86 MB
    Genesis 2 Male (Templates) 41.08 MB
    Genesis 2 - DMC 1.63 KB
    Genesis 2 Female 3D Print Geo-Graft 161.91 KB
    Genesis 2 Male 3D Print Geo-Graft 161.60 KB
    Genesis Starter Essentials 409.73 MB
    Genesis Starter Essentials PoserCF 6.86 MB
    GoZ for DAZ Studio 4.7+ (Win 64-bit) 7.59 MB
    PostgreSQL CMS (Win) 54.15 MB
    Subsurface Shader Base 907.55 KB
    DS4 - Texture Atlas Installation Guide 90.24 KB
    Install Manager Default Filters 34.83 KB
    DAZ Install Manager (Win 32-bit) 53.38 MB

There will be serial numbers required for the above software. If you did not get Studio from Daz, go there and make an account. Download everything on this list, install everything, get a copy of Teen Josie6 for G2F and install that. Re-install all of your content, then follow the steps I posted earlier to have your Character usable in Studio.

Daz Studio 4.7Pro is FREE from Daz3D after you make an account there, there is also a bunch of free stuff in the Shop section of Daz. Go into Shop, scroll down to Filters under Sort By select Price Low to High, select everything free or priced $0.00.

Teen Josie6 is a set of MORPHS for G2F, the character you are trying to use is a different texture and adjusted morphs for Teen Josie6

Don_k
    Former Author & Editor

27 March 2015 - 08:14 / #19
  10. Offline

kmthrong

Mega-Leecher

So I have to download all of these? Actually I downloaded the daz studio from another site So I'll download all of these and install until see what'll happen Tnx CU later.
    27 March 2015 - 17:02 / #20
: