Better upload sites please

1. Offline

hfilben

Mega-Leecher

Recently I have been noticing a lot more yunfile, upload4ever, mexashare, and other oddball websites. These sites always redirect to virus filled websites and refuse to work when an ad blocker is on. Please go back to uploading to DoUploads/UploadOcean/Uploaded etc.
    TOPcat831 like this post.
    19 December 2017 - 17:54 / #1
  2. Offline

DAZalot

User in training

there is also the way to go to a site which provides downloads by MEGA.nz only
    lloki, La_Pucelle like this post.
    20 December 2017 - 03:14 / #2
  3. Offline

Don_k

DMCA is driving all those new File Hosts. The old stand-bys are quick to delete offending uploads. New hosts come & go in 6 months due to takedowns for piracy. Not much for our small community to control or change, we just have to take what is available as far as hosts.
    TOPcat831, cupids like this post.

Don_k
    Super Moderator, Tutorial Author
    Former Author & Editor
    TopGFX & GFXru Moderating Team

20 December 2017 - 03:56 / #3
  4. Offline

tepisquintla

Mega-Leecher

I haven't been having any real problems with yunfile, upload4ever, mexashare, and other "oddball" websites. In fact yunfile has been dependable and fast. The sites that glitch - like not showing the capcha - I can usually fix by adjusting my ad-blocker. I use No Script 10.1.6.3 and recommend it,
    Don_k, cupids like this post.
    21 January 2018 - 21:08 / #4
  5. Offline

La_Pucelle

Mega-Leecher

SO I just registered. Twice out of the 4 things I wanted to download I got SCAREWARE popups that required me to close my browser and start again. Two of the items I tried to download used a rockware? link - that basically was a recursive link - you wait, get a link, the link puts you back at the beginning again. Awesome first impression for your website!

So, yes, you are a small community, but as admins you can demand that one of the mirrors must be MEGA nz. Mega does not scareware you, put you in recursive loops so you never get the file, make you wait an hour for a 2 minute download. As an asset contributor, MEGA gives lots of space free with an account registration.

I don't know how all this works money-wise. If the admins of the site demand one legitimate mirror such as MEGA nz, will you lose revenue? My suggestion, start a Patreon page. People like me will try you once and get scared off. I look at this site as a potential to infecting my pc, so I won't be coming back to participate in the community. If, however, all this redirecting and scareware was not going on, people would support you. There are other sites that don't have this business model, and that's where I take my time, money, and asset sharing.
    johnnyg, bkatrana like this post.
    8 June 2018 - 15:35 / #5
  6. Offline

Don_k

Our Admin only require links to be free, some uploaders use MEGA here, others use hosts that allow revenue generation from traffic.

Your Rockfile issue stems from javascript settings 99% of the time.

DMCA has killed numerous great file hosts, if it wasn't the MPAA or RIAA that initiated the shut-downs, it was the EU's various Copyright Guilds acting under direction by the first 2 orgs.

Don_k
    Super Moderator, Tutorial Author
    Former Author & Editor
    TopGFX & GFXru Moderating Team

9 June 2018 - 00:33 / #6
: